Attorney Apell brings decades of legal experience, leadership and perspective to the firm. After serving in the U.S. Army from 1962 to 1964, Erwin first established his own law firm in Wrightstown, NJ. He later created a partnership with the late Dayton G. Hopkins, Esq., and formed the law firm of Hopkins, Apell and Forman, and opened a second office in New Egypt, NJ.
In 1989, Mr. Apell welcomed a new partner to the practice, Paul C. Detrick, Esq., and subsequently his own son Jeff Apell, Esq.. Until his firm merged with Posternock Apell, PC in August of 2014, Mr. Apell served as his firm’s president, representing clients in a wide range of legal matters, including real estate, estate planning, and personal injury accident cases.
Mr. Apell was admitted to the NJ Bar in 1961, after graduating that year from the Case West Reserve School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. He received his undergraduate degree from Widener University in Chester, Pa. in 1958.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Widener University
- Juris Doctor, Case West Reserve School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association – NJBA Board of Consultors of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Former Chairman
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Federal District Court of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court