Jeffrey S. Apell, Esq.
As a shareholder with Posternock Apell, PC, and the leader of the firm’s Real Estate practice, Jeff enjoys helping clients solve their legal issues. He focuses his practice in the areas of real estate, land use, and estate planning, as well as guardianship and contested estate/probate matters. Licensed to practice in NJ, he frequently assists with complicated trust and estate matters in the New Jersey Superior Court.
He enjoys volunteering, speaking and serving in New Jersey and Burlington County Bar Associations. He was honored to receive the 2016 Burlington County Bar Association Professional Lawyer of the Year. His volunteer activities include appointment to the NJ Supreme Court Committee on Attorney Advertising, and serving as a member and lecturer for the Burlington County Office of Aging. He previously served as a member of the NJBA Board of Consultors of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, and the Burlington County Military Affairs Committee, as well as Chair and Vice-Chair of the District IIIB Ethics Committee.
A graduate of Moorestown High School, he received his BA in Government and Law from Lafayette College, Easton, PA and attended Widener University School of Law. After graduation, he served as a law clerk for the Hon. Victor Friedman, Judge of the Superior Court in Burlington County, NJ prior to joining Apell & Detrick, P.C.
- Residential real estate
- Commercial real estate
- Probate litigation
- Estate planning
- Municipal court
- Land use law
- New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association
- NJBA Board of Consultors of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – Member
- Burlington County Military Affairs Committee
- District IIIB (Burlington County) Ethics Committee – former Chair and Vice Chair
- Burlington County Office of Aging – Member and Lecturer
- NJ Court-Approved Mediator
- Nominated to “Super Lawyers” (Thomson-Reuters) Super Lawyers list for Estate Planning and Probate 2008-2012, 2014-2016. Comparison methodology may be obtained directly from www.superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court. See RPC 7.1(a)(3)(iii).
- Nominated as a “Rising Star” (Thomson-Reuters) Estate Planning and Probate 2006. Comparison methodology may be obtained directly from www.superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court. See RPC 7.1(a)(3)(iii).
- Burlington County Bar Association Trustees’ Robert W. Crisculo Award – Past Recipient
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Victor Friedman, Judge of the Superior Court in Burlington County, New Jersey
Awards and Distinctions
- Board Member of the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC)
- Active with the Burlington County Bar Pro-Bono Project