Erwin D. Apell, Esq.
After serving in the U.S. Army from 1962 to 1964, Erwin D. Apell then established his law firm in Wrightstown, NJ. He later created a partnership with the late Dayton G. Hopkins, Esq. The new firm, named Hopkins, Apell and Forman, opened a second office in New Egypt, NJ.
In 1989, Mr. Apell welcomed a new partner to the practice, Paul C. Detrick, Esquire and subsequently his son Jeff. Until his firm merged with Posternock Apell, PC in August of 2014, Mr. Apell served as his firm’s president. Apell & Detrick P.C. has long represented clients in a wide range of legal matters, including real estate, estate planning, and personal injury accident cases.
Mr. Apell was admitted to the NJ Bar in 1961, after graduating that year from the Case West Reserve School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. He received his undergraduate degree from Widener University in Chester, Pa. in 1958.
- Real Property
- Trust Law
- Municipal Law
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association – NJBA Board of Consultors of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – former Chairman and current Member
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Federal District Court of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- North Hanover Township, Springfield Township, Southampton Township and Plumsted Township, NJ – Mr. Apell is the Former Prosecutor and Planning Board Attorney.
- An active member of the New Jersey Bar Association.
- Mr. Apell serves as a member of the Board of Consultors of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and is a former Chairman of that section.
- Mr. Apell lectures, writes and is frequently quoted on topics relating to real estate and planning. He has also been featured on television as an expert on wills. He has also been retained as an expert witness in many court cases.