Dan Posternock, Esq.
I have been passionate about representing clients in South Jersey for 30 years. I was named to South Jersey Biz magazine’s “2015 Best Attorneys list” for my consumer protection law practice.
In 1982, I earned a Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Sociology-Criminal Justice at Monmouth College, which is now Monmouth University. While attending to my college studies, I also honed leadership skills as a two-term President of a service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, and served as Secretary General to the Model United Nations. I then obtained a Juris Doctorate from Delaware Law School, now known as Widener University School of Law, in 1985. After that, I achieved partnerships with the former firms of Moss, Powers and Postemock (1987-1996), and Cureton, Caplan and Clark (1997-1998), before establishing the Law Offices of Daniel Posternock in 1998. Four years later, the firm of Barron & Posternock, LLP was formed. In June 2011, that firm merged with McDowell Riga, P.C. In September of 2014, we joined with Apell & Detrick of Browns Mills to become Posternock Apell, PC.
I am honored to continue the tradition of excellence established by my valued mentors, including the Honorable E. Stephenson Fluharty and current Federal Judge Robert B. Kugler. I am admitted to the bars of the State of New Jersey and US District Court for the District of New Jersey and pride myself in being respected by my colleagues and in the courts where I regularly practice.
My extensive trial and litigation experience includes prosecuting and defending claims arising from real estate transactions, consumer fraud matters and actions brought against school boards under New Jersey’s Tort Claims Act. I also regularly handle business disputes, home improvement claims as well as automobile negligence, and premises liability matters. In addition, I continue my more than 20-year history of counseling local business leaders.
As a resourceful advocate with focused resolve, I have come to embrace Alternative Dispute Resolution methods. I was certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to mediate pending disputes more than a decade ago, and continue to be frequently chosen by my peers and the Court to arbitrate or mediate litigated matters.
Areas of Practice
- Business Disputes – Mediation and Arbitration
- Real Estate
- Consumer Fraud
- Personal Injury – including Premises Liability and Automobile Negligence
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law (Delaware Law School) – Wilmington, DE
- J.D. – 1985
- Monmouth University – West Long Branch, NJ
- B.A. – Sociology-Criminal Justice
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Camden Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar’s Complimentary Dispute Resolution/Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- National Arbitration and Mediation (NAM)
- Served on the Supreme Court of New Jersey’s District Ethics Committee (District III-B)
- Moorestown Township Committee on Ethics
- Burlington County Chamber of Commerce
- Moorestown Business Association – chair of the Scholarship Committee, vice-chair of the Ethics Committee
- I firmly support volunteerism, a family tradition instilled in me by my parents. For over 13 years, I was a member and/or chairman of the Juvenile Conference Committee of Moorestown and Medford, a diversionary program for first-time juvenile offenders.
- I regularly counsel local business leaders by providing mentorship and guidance in a number of areas.
- I am a member of the Risk Management Committee of the YMCA, as well as a former Trustee, coach and sponsor for the Moorestown Youth Baseball Federation and Moorestown Youth Softball Association.
- I have also coached local recreation teams in boys and girls basketball and co-ed flag football.
- Originally from Cape May County, I live in Moorestown, Burlington County with my wife, Allison. We have two children — a son, Joshua, and a daughter, Mia.
- South Jersey Biz – Best Attorneys in Business 2015 for Consumer Protection Law Practice